Sunday, May 10, 2009

Challenge Copenhagen 2010?


This has me very tempted...


Most are probably aware that Ironman isn't the only game in town for iron distance racing...

Challenge is a European group best known for Quelle Challenge Roth (where Macca usually pisses off the Germans by winning...)

The Challenge races are very well respected and loved by the pros and age groupers alike.  Challenge Copenhagen is scheduled for August 15th, 2010 and will take place in the centre of the Danish capital and the surrounding countryside.  Read more HERE (or HERE if you can read Danish.)  

Yes, tempting, very tempting....

If you haven't been to Copenhagen you should start saving your pennies now....  it's awesome!  I am fortunate enough to have been quite a few times (Sacha's grandmother and aunt are Copenhageners.)


Apart from how awesome it would be to race in Copenhagen there are tons of other great things to look forward to - like the amazingly cool cycle culture...  Check out the shots below - all courtesy of Copenhagencyclechic.com (which is a great blog by the way)... CLICK TO ENLARGE



Tweet this!

12 comments:

sacha jones said...

let's do it! and by 'let's' I mean you of course. but the kids and i will be cheering you on!

Vincent said...

thats cool, I've never heard of that series.

I like the bike pictures, such an abundance of helmets!

MJ said...

Yeah... they're not big on helmets. The bike lanes are separated by a curb and have their own traffic lights though so it isn't nearly as dangerous as riding is here. In truth they have the city cycling thing 100% dialed in. I love it.

Lucho said...

MJ- Much appreciated for the referral! I am taking runners right now, just not triathletes.
Cheers!
Lucho

DC said...

August 7th, 2010 - FINA World Masters Championships Open Water Swim Race in Goteborg Sweden, not too too far from Copenhagen. The best part? Here's the standard ... "Swimmers who cannot complete the 3 km distance in 90 min are advised not to enter". Piece of cake. http://www.2010finamasters.org/

MJ said...

Maybe a double whammy.... Goteborg is just a few hours away by car.

I don't like my chances ("chances" = 0) at the Masters Worlds but it would still be fun to do it...

Unknown said...

Very cool. I say go for it!

DC said...

OK fine, I'll tackle the swim (my "chances" also = 0). How about race support trade-off?

don said...

Just be careful which airline you choose to fly to Copenhagen. Lufthansa charged me 100 Euros to bring my bike back from Ironman Switzerland last summer. Ouch!

Missy said...

Yay for support of NON-WTC races - half iron and iron distance alike. I think that more and more people are finally figuring out that the non-WTC iron races are GREAT! Often, the swag bags and treats are better than the WTC t-shirt, medal and maybe a hat or bottle;)

prozac said...

Oh, wow, Copenhagen looks crazy beautiful. It'd be worth the whole thing just for the scenery alone.

Ulyana said...

I studied in Copenhagen!!!! The city is amazing!