OK, everyone... As if the TdF wasn't exciting enough, Meyrick Jones Racing and HP Multisport have combined to kick it up a notch!
Tour de France Pool 2009
1. Answer the 15 questions below in an EMAIL. They are mostly multiple choice... easy peasy...
2. Send the e-mail to me at the address below:
3. Lay your smack talk down in the comments section below if you wish....
4. Watch the Tour and enjoy!
5. Winner is the respondent with the most points after the final stage on the Champs-Élysées.
Grand Prize -
All expenses paid trip to the 2010 Tour! Damn recession...
Still Awesome Prize - Bragging Rights.
Spoils of Victory - The winner will also receive a soon to be prestigious (and highly sought after) custom "TdF Pool 2009 Winner" image to display on blogs or websites - if you don't have a blog you can print it and put it on your refrigerator. Your friends will all be jealous!
Local Prize - For (Vancouver) participants or those willing to visit us here - James and I have also put a sushi lunch on the line. If you want in you are welcome to join us - winner eats free! (And I eat a lot....)
Without further ado...
1. Predict Lance Armstrong's final placing in this year's two individual TTs. Add the numbers together. What is the sum?
2. Will Lance end up ahead of Contador in the GC? (1 point)
3. How many stages will Cavendish win? (1 point)
(TTT Stage details are HERE)
-Within 1 km/h = 5 points
-Within 2 km/h = 3 points
-Within 3 km/h = 2 points
-Within 4 km/h = 1 point
-off by >4 km/h = deduct a point
50.34 km/h (Best guess was Bree Wee - 50 km/h. Most entertaining guess? 72 km/h.)
5. Who will win the polka dot jersey for King of the Mountains? (1 point)
6. How many riders will be banned, fired for suspicion, or otherwise ejected due to doping related issues? (1 point)
A. 0-2 (0 I think....)
7. Which team will finish the tour with the most riders? (1 point)
D. BBox Bouyges Telecom (despite almost losing the whole team in the TTT)
E. Caisse D'Epargne
F. Cervelo Test Team
H. Euskaltel - Euskadis
I. Francais Des Jeux
J. Garmin Slipstream
K. Lampre - N.G.C.
M. Quick Step
Q. Columbia - High Road
R. Team Katusha
T. Saxo Bank
8. What will the average speed be in km/h for the Mt. Ventoux stage be?
-within 1 km/h = 5 points
-within 3 km/h = 3 points
-within 4 km/h = 1 point
-off by 4+ = deduct a point
35.9 km/h (Best guess was Kevin - 36 km/h)
9. What will the margin of victory be in the GC? (The margin in minutes and seconds between winner and runner-up.)
A. 0-1 minute
B. 1:01 - 2:10
C. 2:11 - 3:20
D. 3:21 - 4:30 (It was 4:11)
E. 4:30 - 5:40
F. 5:41 +
10. Who will win the GC? (1 point)
11. Who will win the Green Jersey? (1 point)
12. Which OLN broadcaster will win the competition they have each year to predict winners? (1 point)
A. Paul Sherwen
B. Al Trautwig
C. Phil Ligget
D. Bob Roll
Craig Hummer... Knew I should have looked up his name before posting....
13. Will it rain during any of the TTs? There are 3... (1 point)
14. Who will end up being the team leader for Astana? (1 point)
E. It's over and people are still wondering
15. What is the second longest stage of this year's tour? (1 point)
Stage 12 - Tonnerre -> Vittel
16. Do you want to enter the Sushi Lunch Sweepstakes? i.e. you are willing to eat sushi with James and I on a "local winner eats free basis". (0 points)
C. NO, because I am sure Meyrick will win and I know how much sushi he eats....