Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yaletown Grand Prix 2009 - Photos


The Yaletown Grand Prix is one of the few remaining bike races in the lower mainland - sponsorship dollars are hard to come by these days... It's a real shame because I have always felt that these events offer an amazing amount of entertainment value for a $0 ticket. Perhaps therein lies the problem?


Anyway, I was down in Yaletown today to watch a few friends race and to have some fun with my camera. In case you weren't aware, sports photography, and photography generally, is a hobby that is near and dear to my heart.

LOOKING FOR YOUR PHOTOS?

I have a Picasa Album with almost 200 shots. There are a few from the Men's Cat 3 race, lots from the Master's Race and lots from the men's and women's Pro/1/2 races. I took lots of a couple of friends - don't think that it is a man-crush (though I would like to be able to ride like that...) but there are lots of shots of other riders.

If you find one of yourself, please help.... yourself (that sounded like Austin Powers...) BUT, do me the favour of leaving a comment here (link is at the bottom of this post) and putting a photo credit and blog link if you post it elsewhere.

Something like:

Photo Credit: Meyrick Jones
www.meyrickjonesracing.com

VISIT THE ALBUM, FIND YOUR PHOTO HERE:


Here were a couple of my favourites:

My buddy Allan Prazsky winning the Master's Race by riding away with 8 or 9 laps to go... He dominated - just like last year.


The Pro/Cat 1 and 2 Men's Field


Unidentified Rider... Anyone know his name? (Rob Britton - Thanks to Steve Engh for the ID)


Alison Testroete - Women's Champion


The photo I liked so much I posted it twice: Will Routley and Nic Hamilton destroying the field by lapping all but one rider... on their way to a 1, 2 finish.



Tweet this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I wish I could ride like that too!!

-GH