Things are coming around over here....
1. My leg seems to be improving. I don't want to jinx it but it looks and feels marginally better. All that remains will be to see if it can handle any exertion. I will be investigating that soon enough... needs a few more days to be certain I'm not jumping in too soon.
2. I have a race on the horizon! It's not a full race (because that would be REALLY stupid just as my leg is healing) - it's a relay. I will be swimming for a team in the Vancouver 1/2 Iron. I haven't met my team yet but a friend is hooking me up with a cyclist and a runner.
This is a really good thing for me.... it was a bitter disappointment to have to bail on Road and Track Nationals (cycling) especially after bailing on Escape from Alcatraz to prepare for Road and Track Nationals. I know that injuries are part of sports but that sequence of events really sucked.
Anyway, back to the race... it'll be Sunday, and I am going out on a limb and predicting a fast swim out of myself. I have been swimming more than ever (as I have been reporting ad nauseum here) so it ought to be fun.
3. The Tour is about to get crazy! The prologue in Monaco was super cool and today's stage looked boring on paper but ended setting a very interesting stage for tomorrow's Team Time Trial. Those Astana boys really must be having a blast at team dinners and hanging out on the bus as they basically try to beat the crap out of each other.
(Al)Bert(o) saying "WTF Lance?"
Cancellara said he "took it easy" on the hill in the first half of the prologue (TT), so he'd have legs for the second half.... that seemed like a good plan, as he destroyed everyone else.
4. Swimming and "sort of" training has been awesome!
We are having record turnouts to the B.B. swims since Canada Day. So much so I got all excited and created a tab on the right hand column that leads to a page I put together with info for people coming out.... you can see that HERE.
Coming up with workouts that don't put any impact or exertion on my leg is a challenge... but it is definitely one the coaches at IF are up to. On Friday Justine and Dylan had the kayaks ready to go.... The sun was beating down and it was great to hit the water!
That's me. Photo credit: Justine before she capsized...
Justine - in the midst of capsizing...
Justine - demonstrating impeccable paddleboarding technique...
Dylan and Justine soaking up the rays...
5. Last but not least.... The kids and Sacha are all enjoying the summer now that school is out. Life is good when the sun shines!
Driving his big brother's car... nice shoulder check....Tweet this!