Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bicycle Tree Not Producing

Velodrome Wrap-Up


Last week's camp at the velodrome left me hungry for more.  It was a great intro to track riding and racing.  By Friday we were drafting, riding in a pace line and switching positions on each lap.  We also practiced starts and worked on strategy and technique...

Indoor tracks are a real rarity and I feel pretty lucky to have that facility just 30 minutes from my house.  I am planning on rounding up 5-8 of my cycling friends and arranging a Learn to Ride course for them so that I'll have friends to head out there with.  Friends.... consider yourself warned!

I want to get more into it but there is an investment required - the bicycle tree I planted in my back yard has yet to produce anything that looks like this:




Until that tree starts producing I suppose I'll have to rent...

Here are a few more pictures I took at the track.  Incidentally, as difficult as it looks to ride on the track, it is actually 50x MORE difficult to take a good picture there.  Low light + fast moving objects = hors categorie photography.

The Burnaby Velodrome...

Track close-up....  it kind of creaks and groans as you fly around it...  pretty cool.

Some of the bikes...  I was riding a Cannondale...

Mark (riding) and Stephen (timing/steadying).  Photography is a lot easier when objects don't move...

Mark sprinting at the start of his 3000m effort.  


Locked on the black line....  

I didn't get a single photo of myself during the whole camp.  I didn't want to trouble any of the other riders...  some other time....


Tweet this!

5 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That place is pretty awesome looking. I've never seen anything like that, in person.

Missy said...

I want to go, I want to go...but the track would have to be EMPTY because I'm sure to take out everything in my path. The damn bicycle tree isn't blooming at my house either:(...or the money tree I planted last year.

Cynthia Brodowski said...

you plant a bicycle tree.
i plant a money tree.

same results!

Ryan D said...

I have had the same results with the fast tree I planted!

Heather said...

Oooooh! So cool looking. I'd like to plant a shoe tree and see what happens.