Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I'll ask the audience"

Thanks for all of your input.  


Your response demonstrated one awesome reason to have a blog - support, encouragement and opinions I can respect...  all in 24 hours.  Oh, and I didn't have to explain my situation a hundred times over the course of the day either....  That was huge!

In addition to the great variety of comments on yesterday's post, I received  many e-mails and had a few really valuable conversations today.

I am feeling a lot more comfortable with my options and I feel very close to a decision that will set-up my next 12 months.  I like to have a plan... and I think that was one of the hardest parts of this - my plan "disappeared" - and I am not used to anyone changing my plans except me.

I am off to Las Vegas tomorrow - not to gamble, drink and party but for the Triathlon Canada Board Retreat.  I don't mention it often but I am on the board of directors for Triathlon Canada - I sit on a few different committees but the main one that I chair is the Athletes with a Disability committee.

I may tack an extra day onto the trip and hike the Grand Canyon or Zion National Park.  One way or the other I am coming home with a decision - and hopefully, as Eric mentioned, a little extra "fuel".

Thanks again - and if you haven't commented yet, I'd still love to hear your perspective...  


Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon...  leaning towards Zion as it is a bit closer and I have hiked the Grand Canyon before...

Tweet this!

12 comments:

Missy said...

Have fun! ...and blackjack never hurt anybody..OK it never hurt most people!

Unknown said...

The canyon is amazing, but Zion is a wonderful place for hiking. My wife and I did 4 days there and loved every minute of it. It's a beautiful place - enjoy!

onelegmatt said...

Zion for sure.

Been there, loved it.

Bring camera, post pics on your blog.

SO jealous right now!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh how I would love to have to make a decision between Zion and the Grand Canyon. Enjoy the one you choose. ;)

Ulyana said...

You are amazing! When I read your last post, I honestly felt overwhelmed. I like the "shifting of perspective" and the "hybrid" plans. If I had to pick, I'd shift perspectives, just to go to the games! I don't any q....knitting is involved in that :)

Unknown said...

AGM in Vegas.... sounds fishy to me. Hit the Zion is my vote. My travel advisory is: don't eat seafood in the desert. Kind of a funny story there....

Vincent said...

Have a great time in Vegas.

And to answer your question, I say you stick with whichever sport you enjoy most. Look over the sport options and remember that making the team is a lot of work and once you make it you'll need to love that sport enough to want to keep pushing through until the Olympics.

Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,

i sent you a PIN yesterday, not sure if you got it.

After our phone call a couple weeks ago, i like the cycling option.

I can really see you doing Kona, though.

Have a great trip, enjoy the hike and let your mind wonder.

Look forward to chatting with you next week.

-Rob

Anonymous said...

Meyrick! I just discovered your blog! Its great and I am now a subscriber. You MUST GO TO ZION. I was there in september and it's insane and soooo beautiful. The pic you have of it on your blog is a picture of the Narrows river and you can hike up it, but you hike in the water the entire time, which is awesome and so much fun. There are so many wonderful trails to hike on up high and you HAVE to see it. I think it would be a good destination spot for anyone. Hope all is well!!!

Nicola Gildersleeve said...

Meyrick, I just discovered your blog. It's great! I am going to tell you that YOU MUST GO TO ZION NATIONAL PARK. I was there in September and it was crazyyy!! So beautiful and so much to see/do. The pic you have on your blog is the narrows river and you can hike all the way up it but you actually walk up the river. Yes, that involves being wet, but its a very liberating experience. Look forward to reading all about it.

Eileen Swanson said...

Both are beautiful!! Have fun in whatever you decide! Your blog rocks ;-)

holly said...

Your blog DOES rock. You are an incredible source of inspiration, which is pretty hard to come by. Good luck with your decision and have some fun in Vegas ;)