Monday, April 6, 2009

Canadians on Top!

The early part of the triathlon season has already been very successful for Canada.


Three victories and the season has barely begun.


Kirsten Sweetland won the Mooloolaba ITU World Cup AND the Continental Cup in New Plymouth, NZ.  Read about her races HERE.  These results mark an early return to winning form after a disappointing 2008 that was marked by injury.


Brent McMahon, who I have written about before, also managed to beat none other than Chris McCormack at the 70.3 in New Orleans.  Check out his blog HERE - the race report should be up soon.  I am a big fan of Brent's and I think he is due for some spectacular results, hopefully this is only the beginning. 

Tweet this!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

McMahon really took charge of that race on the run. I really great performance. I'm betting he is only going to get better.

Jo Lynn said...

Quite impressive! I have a soft spot in my heart for Canada because, I think I told you before, that was my maiden name. I have three brothers, three nieces, three nephews that still get to use that last name. Go Canada! ;)

Missy said...

Of course they are...look at a map...sheesh! Canada on top of U.S., did they teach you anything?!;)

So great that the season is here. I love watching it all!

garobbins said...

Way to go Canada! Thanks for the updates Meyrick!
GR