Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week in Review

Training this last week has been a little tentative...  


Upon my return from Florida I promptly went out for my first run in three weeks and went a little too hard and neglected to stretch enough.  What a tard I am...  It was only a 45 minute run with some drills, but it was the 4x30 second strides that did it I am sure.  Anyway, my right calf felt like I had run my first marathon for about 5 days....  Stairs were tough...  the complete rookie runner walk where you hobble around on your heels.

On Friday I participated in Accu-Chek Cyclebetes for the second year.  The Innovative Fitness Team raised $4,000 out of an amazing $100,000+ which went to juvenile diabetes research.  I'd like to extend a HUGE "thank you" to those that donated.  I am going to write more about this in the next few days.  

That was four hours of spinning in a high school gymnasium...  Between my sore calf and slightly tender undercarriage (from all the riding in Florida) the trainer didn't feel too spectacular.

On Sunday Kevin P. and I did a 2 hour ride - it was awesome to be back on the roads here even if there are WAY more cars and the temperature is about 25°c less than in Florida.

It has also been good to get back into Innovative for a couple of workouts - I miss the vibe and energy of the place when I am away for that long.  Josip  put me through my paces on Friday and Monday and Kevin L. and I will be working together this afternoon.

On Friday I will be returning to the pool.  It will be good to get back into the morning Masters routine.

Now I am heading out for a ride before the rain clouds close in (I hope...)

Cheers!

This was taken in the gym at Rockridge High School at about 1am...  During Cyclebetes people were spinning for 24 hours straight and $100,000+ was raised for JDRF - pretty awesome!

Debbie - We were on the spinners together for 2 hours...

Steve - Joined us at about midnight and took it through till 4am....  trooper.

When your a$$ is sore and you are spinning for 4 hours it is smart to 'practice' descending technique ;)

I decided to stop in the middle of the Lion's Gate Bridge for some shots... It's a cool spot to see the city from even though the photos don't really do it justice.

Kev, (and my reflection in his glasses)...

Tweet this!

4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That is so cool, all those people peddaling away for charity. It looks crazy in there. Bet it smelled good too. LOL
Amazing how important stretching turns out to be, huh? You're not a tard, we all do it.

swimbikerunryan said...

You are SUCH a dork....love the descending picture...haha:) AS long as you didn't hold that pose for like 10 minutes, i don't think anybody would mind. AWESEOME job on the charity spinning, we do our ALS ride, and it's troopers like you who help make it rock:)

Unknown said...

That's quite a week! Running can really hurt when you don't do it for awhile, huh?

MJ said...

It has been brought to my attention that "tard" is short for "retard" and therefore not politically correct.

Surprisingly, (I guess), I didn't know that it was an abbreviation....

I apologize to anyone who was offended.