Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, Monday morning and the year's 10th weekend is behind us....  


I'll start the wrap-up with Cyclebetes - 4pm Friday to 4pm Saturday - 24 hours of spinning to raise money for JDRF.  I showed up for my first "shift" at about 7:30pm on Friday - found the gymnasium pleasantly buzzing with 40 (or so) riders, some great tunes and lots of friends.  We had a great time chatting and spinning...

I sold my road bike to a friend last season and have not replaced it yet... this left me spinning for 4 or 5 hours on my 2007 Specialized S-Works Transition - a nice bike by anyone's standards but certainly not set-up for hours of spinning.  Ouch!  I have it set-up for 40k riding forward on the nose of the seat....  

Only an hour into the spin I was toying with the seat height and seat angle to get more comfortable....  It got me thinking I should do a re-fit... it's been a while.

Anyway, great event, lots of fun and over 60,000 raised - Awesome!

Saturday was Mattias' last day of soccer for the year...  His team went 3-0 in the three mini games and he got a great medal for his efforts.  I will post a photo of him with the medal here shortly...

Sunday I was out at the UBC Triathlon.  It was a great event, as always....  I have competed at this event three years in a row now but this year I opted out.  The weather can be so unpredictable (or predictably crappy...) that I chose to save myself for ski Nationals next week rather than risk a cold, or worse a crash.

I had many friends on the course and spent the day cheering them on with Mattias at my side (or climbing trees beside the course).  Good job Rob, Justine, Josh, Leslie, Chelsea, Sam, Shelley, Paul, Ashley and others...

Funniest moment:  Ashley exits the pool to great cheers from our cheering section....  throws down an old-school weightlifter's pose, trots around the corner and out the WRONG DOOR.  We all say, "uh oh, what's she doing?"  About 15 seconds later we see her running in the wrong direction by a window on the exact opposite side of the building... and never catch sight of her again...  I can't wait to hear what happened to her....

Spectating always makes me antsy, I prefer to be in the mix.  But in this case I hope discretion was the better part of valour - I will be fresh and healthy for the races that really matter.


Tweet this!

No comments: