Friday, April 25, 2008

Shark Attack!

Well my "training" consisted of an hour-long stretch session today.... I am still feeling pretty "off".... I might have started to feel sorry for myself until I heard that a triathlete training in the ocean off of Solana Beach died after a Great White Shark bit him across both thighs this morning.

Solana Beach is 14 miles north of San Diego and one of my favourite areas ANYWHERE. I have spent lots of time in San Diego getting work done on my leg and the north coastal areas are so awesome... I have always fantasized about getting a group together for a training holiday there - riding on the Pacific Coast Highway, running some of the cool trails, and swimming in the ocean off Solan... uhhh... well? It would still be fun... we could swim at the UCSD pool.

You can read all about what happened here.  It would be quite a coincidence if anyone there reads my blog (indeed if anyone, anywhere reads my blog) but my condolences go out to his family.


On the home front, the weekend should be pretty good:

1. I think my health is improving (fingers crossed.)
2. Mattias has opening day ceremony for T-Ball tomorrow, including "Parade of Teams" - ha ha... awesome!
3. Sunday should mark my return to training if I have my way - I haven't decided what it will be but it doesn't matter it will be good to do something...
4. I am calling for good weather - not sure if I heard it, or it just feels like it will be nice all weekend, but I'm betting it will be and I am stoked...

Next post is the one I'm excited about...  coming up in a jiffy....

Tweet this!

No comments: