Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Wedding in Whistler

This weekend I headed up to Whistler to attend a good friend's wedding. Keith (the groom) trained Sacha and I at Innovative Fitness for many months before moving on about a year ago.

Sacha was invited as well but Mattias and Viggo both got quite ill on Friday and it lasted through the weekend so she didn't make it. I had a good time with the few people I knew but weddings always seem better when you are with your wife. Nevertheless, Daniel (another ex-Innovative Fitness coach) and I perservered and enjoyed ourselves and the evening enough to have to retrieve the car on foot the next morning.



Keith and his new bride Naomi are heading to Machu Picchu with packs on their backs for an adventurous honeymoon in the Andes. Pretty cool. Congratulations and thank you's to Mr. and Mrs. Sharman - enjoy Peru!


As many of you may know I travelled to Machu Picchu 2 years ago in order to hike the Inca Trail.  I would like to take this moment to provide a quick preview for Keith and Naomi (as well as the rest of you) by showing a few photos from that trip...




No doubt my wife will accuse me of digressing this way in order to find an excuse to post the alpaca shot (which I will admit I find quite hilarious.)  Sacha and I may be like "peas and carrots" most of the time but when it comes to "appropriate humour" we don't always see eye to eye... 

Anyway......  back to this weekend..... Prior to the ceremony Daniel and I did a great 2 hour (or so) hike on the mountainside above Green Lake in Whistler.  The trail we were following (sort of) was called Shit Happens - which, under the circumstances was quite appropriate since we kept getting lost.  I have included a map below - you can see my approximation of where we lost our way...





Here are some photos from the weekend:

That's why it's called Green Lake


We think this little one is called Duck Lake but not certain...

Tweet this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an embarassing introduction considering we've never met in person. The whole reason they took me to whistler was for the vise of anonymity. I swear I am not a reckloose - you should have said hi (though I guess you didn;t know who I was until this morning). I cannot get over the coincidence. I truly believe events like that mean you are on the right track in life. Congrats to your friends. And sorry we've lost touch - it's been a busy few months. We'll be back from Mexico in December - would still love to help in any way.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great destination for a honeymoon. It looks like you had some beautiful country to hike in yourself.

MJ said...

I had no idea it was you.... and no worries - I have been reading your blog and I know you've been busy.

Have a great time in Mexico!