Monday, August 4, 2008

Great Ride, Gay Pride, Salads with Pretzels on the side...

Nice title hey....  You almost don't have to read the post now....  the whole storyline is there.


Yesterday I hit the road alone on my Tri bike....  The weather was super-fantastic and I felt like putting in some solo miles.  

I rode out to UBC via the usual route with a couple of exceptions: I rode Prospect Point hill 3x, and I rode the hill up from Spanish Banks 3x.  With those climbs added in, and a couple of fast and hard stretches, I had a pretty good workout of something like 65 or 70km.

On the way back I got caught amidst 500,000 people watching the Gay Pride Parade.  It looked like a pretty entertaining time, but I was WAY too hungry to watch.  I did make a few new fans however....  Tight lycra was a good choice apparently.

Last night the Jones crew headed to Dundarave Beach for dinner.  Massive Whole Foods salads and fresh pretzels were on the menu....  I love the salad bar at Whole Foods - an expensive problem, but one I have a hard time not indulging.

Sacha ran there with the jogging stroller to get her exercise in....  

Sacha with the new jogging stroller we got from Nicole. Thanks Nicole!

We have different taste in salad.... Sacha's MEGA HEALTH SUPREME* salad (left) makes mine look like a Big Mac and Super Size Fries.  (* My name for it.)

38lb bench press....

My girls...

My boys...

It wouldn't be right to have a post without a picture of my van! Check out the bike rack being used for the jogging stroller.... sweet!

Tweet this!

No comments: