Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lance is Back...

I was shocked the other day when it became public that Lance Armstrong would try for an 8th yellow jersey.  


I have serious mixed emotions over it.  Lance is one of, if not my favourite, athlete of all time.  He truly went out on top after 7 victories of the hardest race in the world.  

I remember being nervous the last few times he entered the tour because I didn't want the final chapter in his cycling career to be a loss.

Now this!?

37 years old.  3 years off.  2000 miles......

On the other hand I can't wait to watch.  I feel like a kid before Christmas and I sort of wish I could go to sleep and wake up in July 2009.

You can read all about his perspectives HERE.  It is a Vanity Fair article (and you know what that means...  LONG).

And here, clothed, is Lance to tell you in his own words:



P.S. The photo at the top of the post is by Annie Liebovitz and was the cover of Vanity Fair in December 1999. It is the first (and almost certainly the last) photo of a naked male to grace my blog.

Tweet this!

No comments: